My friend's mother is always sending her very good Korean food - all prepared and ready to defrost and eat. Unfortunately, we depleted her supplies rather quickly, so adventures in cooking were required:
Korean Beef/Thai Stir-fry
1. Take thinly-sliced sirloin and make a spicy Korean beef marinade: sesame oil, soy sauce, chili peppers (jalapeno or habanero + some seeds), sugar
2. Lightly fry generous amounts of minced garlic and ginger in sesame oil: add beef.
3. While the meat is browning, make up your sauce: sesame oil, peanut butter, tamarind paste, soy sauce, lime juice, siracha or red pepper to taste
4. Add chopped onions to the browned meat; saute; add your sauce.
5. Add green onions or sundry other vegetables.
6. Serve over a bed of rice noodles or vermicelli with spinach, cilantro, mint, sriracha sauce (rooster sauce), lime and peanuts (or any combination thereof; including other raw vegetables). Goes well with beer.
5 hours ago